Monday, August 18, 2008

We're Back!!

Wow, it sure has been a while. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get to a new post. I kept meaning to do it, and then wanted to wait until I had pictures of the bots ready, but never got to sit down at the computer with time to do both until now.

My job is getting better, this hospital still has its problems but I haven't worked at one yet that doesn't. The administration seems to be honestly trying to improve but it is the same old story here as it is almost everywhere else, too many patients and not enough doctors. Administration doesn't seem to understand that there is only so much one doctor can do and don't understand that we are not a limitless resource. With the shortage of good physicians out there, I am not sure that will be a fixable problem soon so we all just do the best we can for all the patients out there.

Lance has officially started football season. There are conditioning hours, weights hours plus numerous other hours that coaches spend trying to get ready for the season. Out lives will not be the same until November, but we will adjust. He seems to be really enjoying it so far. He has also agreed to teach out of his area (English of all things!) just so he can be on campus and available for the kids, hopefully it won't drive him crazy.

The boys are doing great. RJ is about to start Kindergarten, I can't believe it! Jack Jack will go to full time at his daycare but he seems to be happy there and the teachers seem to love him. His biggest accomplishment is going potty in the potty (however not very consistently).

We just went to visit our friends Mary and Gary Buckland. They used to live in Lees Summitt, MO and we were friends before they moved, and they happened to move around the same time as we did only 3 hours away! I am so lucky! There house is lovely and they sit up on the mountains near Portland and have a gorgeous view from their backyard. Makes me jealous as we are here in a true desert and I miss the green and pine trees.

Hope this finds you all happy and healthy, drop us a line if you get a chance, dlbeeson@charter.net or ldbeeson@charter.net. You can also hook up with us both on Facebook. We miss you all!

No comments: