Friday, December 16, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Well another year has almost past, and what an exciting year it has been!
1.  Lance finally made it to his 40th birthday present (only a year late!) Royals fantasy Baseball Camp. He had a great time, I got to join him for the last few days and it brought me back to those college days when I would sit on the grass on a blanket and try to study while they played out at Robbie Jones Field. Lance had a great time, as you can read from his blogs he posted while going through it. Other than that, he coached Kuna High School Football again as the offensive coordinator, but once again didn't have that great of a season. They were 1-8 again but did show some marked improvement even though the record didn't reflect that, just wait until next year! He has also kept really busy with the boys as well, coaching RJ's Upwards basketball team as well as his baseball team.


2. I (Donna) have kept busy at work. It continues to extremely busy all year long.  I am always amazed at the amount of sick people there are in the hospital every single day and I thank the Good Lord for his blessings of health he has instilled on me and my family. I was named the site Director at the St. Luke's Meridian Campus which has turned out to be interesting all ready. I ran my first marathon since leaving the Kansas City area with my sister, Dena. We didn't break any speed records but we had a good time training and running the actual race. as we finished and I felt that runner's high, I was reminded of why I have run marathons, to finish! It felt great. I then talked Lance into running the 1/2 marathon with me in Las Vegas on 12/4. The race itself left a little to be desired but it was so fun getting to run down the Las Vegas strip at night with all the hotels and shops lit up.




3. RJ entered 3rd grade this year. he continues to do well in school. He played Upwards Basketball last winter, then baseball in the spring and just finished YMCA Basketball last week. He is getting so tall, that I think he has a real future in basketball if he decides to stick with it, but am not sure, as it seems the only thing he really enjoys doing is playing video games! He also likes to golf, and won the 8 year old championship at two different golf clubs last summer.  He has been begging for some shelves in his room to display the seven golf trophies he won. 
4. Jackson started kindergarten this year and he loves it! He is by far our most social child. Every time I am in the classroom helping out all the girls are always coming up to him and giving him hugs. in fact, I just picked the kids up from school the other day and after getting Jackson then heading to RJ's class, all the kids from RJ's class also said, "Bye Jackson!" He started gymnastics but dropped out and now wants to go back so we will see if he sticks with it this time. He is extremely flexible and will be very good at it if he tries.
5. Trey's big accomplishment this year was getting potty trained! I think however, I was more excited about it than him. He is about to turn 4. He is still following and doing everything his brother's do. Believe it or not, he also loves to play his Nintendo DS (his potty training reward) and loves to play with his cousins Brody and Cora.


Well, we all had a good year! We are so blessed! I am constantly amazed that the Good Lord saw us fit to parent these three lovely children and thank Him everyday for placing them in our home. Merry Christmas to you all! Don't be strangers! Send us an email: donna.beeson100@gmail.com or Drebbin1000@yahoo.com.

No comments: