Saturday, May 19, 2007

Another Post Finally!



Well, it only took me a month this time to post another blog. A lot has happened to our family in that short amount of time. We went to Pasco, WA to visit Lance's family. His mother, grandmother and all of his cousins live in Pasco, and actually most of them live within one mile of each other. We had a nice visit and Jack Jack uncharacteristically slept great while we were there (good thing for Mr. Rich, Lance's stepfather, as he was the one who still had to go to work daily!). The kids had a great time and it was very nice to see everybody again. Jack Jack has taken a real liking to his grandma JJ!

I went back to work, and leaving Jack Jack all day almost everyday since has been one of the hardest things I have had to do. He got sick with a bad ear infection almost immediately, most likely because he does not sleep (still!) and is sleep deprived and then you stick him in with a bunch of little human petri dishes in daycare and what do you expect! Luckily, we have a wonderful doctor named Kristi Baker, MD at the Saint Luke's Primary Care (a free plug!) who worked him into her schedule at a very late notice after the daycare called to tell us to pick him up because he had a 103.5 degree fever! 24 hours after the antibiotics and all is well again, except the sleeping part. Lance does much better than I being sleep deprived so he takes most of the early morning duties, but it still wakes me up and I have trouble getting back to sleep. Probably all those years of having to wake up at the sound of my pager that has turned me into such a light sleeper. It is definitely more difficult to concentrate at work when you don't have enough sleep. I have learned that everything is taking me that much longer and I have become much less efficient, not a good thing when you are wanting to get back home to spend time with your kids before they go to sleep. Oh well, things are bound to get better, right? Hopefully my next post will not take a month so stay tuned I am sure there is more drama to come!

No comments: