We are still awaiting news on when we get to travel to Thailand to get Trey (that is the name that has stuck and seems somewhat fitting for our third little boy). I am hoping it is anytime now and definitely before his 2nd birthday in December.
Above is a picture of RJ and myself on his first day of 1st grade. So hard to believe he is already 1 month into his 1st grade year! He was a little nervous as this was his first foray into public school and the school bus, but now he is an old pro and I think (although he won't admit it) likes it. His Kindergarten teacher definitely did an excellent job of getting him ready and he seems to be way ahead of his class when it comes to reading and math, thank you Mrs. Foss and Kingspoint Christian! Although we do miss having the Christian influence on his life daily, it is so much cheaper and more convenient to have him at public school near our home. We must be saving hundreds on gas alone!
We got to celebrate G.G.'s (that is great grandma, Lance's grandmother) 90th birthday this summer. She looks so good and seems to get around so well for someone of her age. If it weren't for her bad knees I think she would still be out chasing around after the great grand kids. We love her so much and pray for her health and comfort daily.
We also had a couple of the cousins to our house this summer. RJ and Jack sure had fun playing with Parker and Avery and we are hoping they, and all their other cousins can find time for a visit next summer now that we have the back yard finished off and a nice place to play and visit. Maybe next year I will have money for some patio furniture so we can enjoy it even more!
Well, I hope all of you stay tuned as I am anticipating a trip to Thailand to pick up our new little guy soon and will definitely do daily updates while overseas for anyone interested in our adoption travels! Hope you all take care and email me dlbeeson@charter.net. I so love hearing from all of my friends and family. You can also look Lance and I up on facebook now!
No comments:
Post a Comment