Monday, January 4, 2010

Another Day Down

Am I the only one who sometimes feels that each day is a repeat of the one before? Also, does anyone else out there with young children look forward to the days when their children can start doing more things for them selves? And if you do, then do you also feel guilty about feeling that way? That was me today. As I wiped the third poopy bottom today, did more laundry and cleaned the bathrooms (again), I was actually looking forward to the day when the kids could actually do some of these things for themselves, as well as the day I return to work! Although, it was immediately followed by an immense feeling a guilt, especially since the new little guy has only been with us for 2 weeks (although does it make me sound like a horrible mother once again to say it feels longer than that?). All those feelings and I even almost had a full night's sleep! Usually, when I was getting really grumpy I was at least able to blame it on the fact that I could only get 3 hours of sleep a night. Last night, by the Grace of God, I slept almost all night with the exception of the one hour I was up from 1:30am to 2:30 AM after Trey got out of bed twice and had to be put back, you cannot imagine the elation I felt when I did not wake again until Trey came running in at 7:09AM!

I couldn't resist some cute bath shots, here is one of Jack holding on to his new birthday submarine (I think he was afraid that Trey would want to play with it if he let go!)


Here is Trey wriggling around after bath time, I would let him run around a little more if it wasn't so darn cold here (at least comparatively to what he is used to). You can see that even right after the bath he has slobber already down his chin!


Here is another of Trey right after bath before he got too rambunctious.
Well, here is wishing you all a good night's rest and I am hopeful that I will once again sleep all night and that I soon will have this insomnia problem fixed. Thanks for reading!

No comments: