We also got to take a quick trip down to Kuna, ID a couple of days ago to visit my family and introduce Trey to all of his cousins on my side of the family. He once again did quite well, it took him a minute or two to get used to the new faces but he was quickly enthralled with all of his cousins and jumped right in to play. He especially liked cute little Cora, the previous baby of the family. She is now 3 and more his size which I think had a lot to do with it. We had a great trip albeit brief. It snowed while we were there and we had to leave earlier Thursday morning than we had planned just to beat the storm. We were lucky that we did leave when we did because by the time we got here to Kennewick it was snowing quite hard. In fact, it started snowing quite heavily in La Grande but had just started and nothing really sticking on the road yet so road conditions were okay.
Here is Jack and Trey at one of Jack's more tolerant moments. As I stated earlier, Jack has been having a rough time with the loss of his spot as the baby. Jack has always been the most happy go lucky and mild mannered child but since the addition of Trey has become a whiny, crying and selfish little booger! I try to be a little more lenient with him because I know he is having a hard time and try to give him extra special attention but he has been really trying my patience! So let's all pray his transition phase goes quickly!
Here is another picture of my "boyz" all together on Lance's 40th birthday. This time RJ was the one not wanting to take any pictures and he wasn't too happy I made him sit for this one. It is a rare picture that I can get all 3 of my boys happy at once! Aren't they a handsome group!
Well, the insomnia continues. I thought I had it licked the other night but I spoke too soon. The next night it was only 3 hours, however, during that 3 hours I was up once with Trey and 3 times with Jack! After the 4th time I was so mad that I knew there was no way I was going back to sleep although it didn't stop me from trying for another hour. I finally got up, worked on the computer for awhile then worked out. Last night was a little better, I slept from 9:30PM until 2:30AM when Jack crawled into bed with me. I then layed there for 2 more hours but was able to sleep again for another hour before Trey woke up and came in the room. I decided it was time for me to pry my eyes open and get out of bed finally. Did not get any exercise today as between errands, cooking, and playing with the boys was too busy so am hoping that doesn't affect my sleep as it does seem that when I exercise in the morning, I do tend to get more sleep that day, although, there really hasn't been any pattern which is what is so frustrating! Now it has become a mental thing with myself, I worry about sleep and when I wake up I worry that I can't get back to sleep and that only makes things worse! Ahhhhh! It is a very frustrating problem and I once again have great empathy for all those insomniacs out there!!
Well, I wish you all a good night's sleep and thanks for reading!
1 comment:
I can't believe that my little brother is 40! He's still a dorky 12 year old to me! Ok, maybe he's 20 now, but still....
Post a Comment