Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sweet Sweet Slumber

I was finally able to sleep most of the night last night, how nice it was not to be up for 22 hours out of the day. It wasn't the most restful sleep I had ever had as I did toss and turn quite a bit, but there were no awake periods for hours on end. I was still extremely tired when the boys woke up at 6:30 AM our time (we are in Boise which is an hour ahead) and my eyes were still burning and bloodshot but it did feel good. Hopefully we will get back on track here over the next few days. I had to really fight sleeping this lazy snowy afternoon, which would have been perfect for a nice cozy nap, but I knew it would only make things worse so I was able to keep my eyes open (barely) in hopes that tonight will be even better sleep.

We also celebrated Lance's 40th birthday! Although it wasn't the way he had hoped for I am sure. We took the boys out to Best Buy to try and find Lance a birthday gift (as I was planning all year on sending him to Fantasy Camp). For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a week long camp in Arizona with old retired pro-baseball players of your favorite team. Lance had planned for the last 5 years, in fact, has been talking it about for longer than that! But, our newest addition had not only depleted our funds, but by the time he needed to sign up for it we did not yet have a firm date for us to go pick him up and we were worried that it might be the same time, so he had to postpone his plans until next year hopefully. Although, next year (2011) is also our 20th anniversary and I was hoping to go somewhere exotic so we will see. More than likely my exotic anniversary trip will be to Arizona to watch Lance at Fantasy Camp (is that true love or what?). Well, I hope he had a nice day anyways (amid the boys bickering). At least he got to go to the all-you-can-eat Brazilian Grill where you can stuff yourself silly with grilled meat! Isn't that every man's second choice for a present?

Here is a nice clip of Jack and RJ singing his birthday song. I got some cute pictures too, but camera seems to have crashed, hopefully a quick charge will revive it and I can post some more pics tomorrow. Have a nice night all!

No comments: