Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Trip to see Santa

Today our big outing was actually getting dressed in real clothes (as opposed to staying in our pajamas and sweats), combing my hair and even putting on some make-up! All this for a quick trip to see Santa. RJ and Jack seemed to be really excited, and though Trey was excited just to come along, he didn't really have any idea who this weird looking man was in a red coat and with a scruffy beard. The picture I got wasn't as good as the one we bought from the shop (for a measly $32.95!), but I wasn't smart enough how to figure out how to scan it onto my computer so this will have to do. Both Jack and RJ were smiling pretty for the camera and Trey had the same scared, bewildered look on his face, but he didn't cry, which I thought was a major accomplishment.




We ran a few other errands, but even two hours out in the sun and 45 degree temperatures did a lot to cure some of my seasonal affective disorder (since there hasn't been any real sunshine since we got back). In fact, 2 hours of errands going to 3 different stores with 3 kids was enough to wear me out so that I needed another 2 hour nap to recover. The jet lag seems to be still wearing on, the boys did better last night, RJ was up only about an hour from 1:30-2:30. Jack slept until 5AM and then quickly back to sleep. It was Lance and I who once again awoke at 3:30AM and couldn't go back to sleep until 5:30AM (although Lance just finally gave up and got up out of bed suprisingly). That is what I should have done, then I would have had time to exercise and get back on my schedule. That is my plan for tomorrow, make myself get out of bed by 6:30 am (sleeping in when compared to my regular wake up call at 5:15 every morning), get some exercise and not take any naps and I am hoping that will allow me to finally be able to sleep all night.

I have to find some time tomorrow to go by myself (watch out as this is a spoiler for all those who still believe in Santa!) or with Trey to get Santa gifts for Trey, stocking stuffers and wrapping paper. After that however, I am planning on staying inside and away from the stores and mall until after Christmas and am looking forward to it plus doing some more holiday baking (although my waistline does not need any more, as I sit here and eat a other peice of pound cake). I need to come up with some ideas for things for little boys to do indoors that doesn't involve watching TV or playing video games, so if any of you have any ideas, let me know! Thanks for still reading!

No comments: