Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Our first whole day together

Today was the day when we got to keep Trey in our possession, from now and for the rest of our lives. They dropped him off this morning around 10:30AM. While I got all the instructions, Lance took him for a little tour of the hotel lobby. Whatever he did, it really seemed to work, as Trey has wanted nothing but Lance (or daddy) since. Even when we loaded the social worker's van, he sat contentedly on Lance's lap. Surprisingly, when we arrived at Jack's previous foster family's home, he even stayed with Lance as opposed to running straight for the social worker, which I felt was a great break-through.

We got to go see Jack's foster family. They were so excited to see him, but unfortunately Jack did not seem to share any of their excitement. He seemed very scared that we were going to leave him there, even after all this time, and wouldn't hardly look at them or leve my side or his Grandma's side. Just before we left we were able to get him to pose for a few pictures (as long as I stood right by him) which I'll post once I get home and have the correct camera cables.

After we got back to the hotel after our trip, Trey seemed fairly content, as long as Lance was around. He even played a little play-do with Jack (although dad had to be very close by).

For the evening meal we took a very short train ride to another upscale mall (for as much poverty as they have here it amazes me that every mall we seem to go to has all upscale stores such as Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Hermes, etc) where we had dinner at a Mexican Restaurant (we actually needed a break from the Thai cuisine if you can believe that, with 3 meals a day of Thai food it does seem to get a little old, despite how good it is!). Trey still stuck to Lance like glue and would not let anyone else hold him except for my dad, grandpa, for a brief time. I am a little jealous but I remember that it was just the opposite with RJ and Jack (who were both much heavier than him despite Jack's young age!) so I don't feel too bad. Actually, it is a little bit of a relief to not have a young one tied to your hip and allows me to pay some extra attention to Jack and RJ so they don't feel as left out. It also so far has saved my neck and back and arms a lot of pain!

Tomorrow we go before the Thai Adoption Committee to get the final approval. It really is just a formality but it feels good to get that done and be over that and know that when you leave there Trey will be "officially" ours. Will keep you updated, thanks for reading!

No comments: