Saturday, December 19, 2009

Jetlag

Wow! I had forgotten how much traveling all over the world catches up with you. By the time Lance and I made it to bed at around 9:30PM last night, we both had been up for over 36 hours. The boys were able to sleep on the plane, we were not so lucky. I think maybe I caught an hour nap from Portland to SLC but Lance couldn't sleep at all. I am not sure how I ever was able to get through my residency and do 36 hour shifts every other night during the ICU rotations, because I felt rotten by the time I layed down for bed (I guess that is what 10 years does for you!). We all slept until noon today, although even then, I have still felt wiped out all day, and in fact, have not gotten out of my pajamas! We are living on scraps we had left in the cupboard and freezer so I guess I will have to get my butt out of bed and to the store early tomorrow morning.

The plane trip was once again interesting. We checked in at 0330 hours only to have them tell us that because Trey was now 2 years old (he turned two on 12/18 so had only been two for 3 hours) that we had to buy a one way ticket for 72,000 baht (the equivalent of $2000!). After we agreed (as really, what choice did we have?), then they had a hard time finding him a seat on all our planes, and in fact, we left Bangkok not even having a seat for him for the last leg of our flight, SLC to Pasco. Luckily, all went smoothly and even though the Tokyo to Portland leg seemed like an eternity (when in fact it was only 9 hours which was shorter than our 14 hours flight from San Fran to Taipei) we all ended up with seats somewhat together, all safe and sound and on time into Pasco at 5:30pm on the same day we left 12/18. Trey got to celebrate his second birthday for two days, although I am not sure he enjoyed his present (an airplane seat) too well. We did go ahead and make him birthday cupcakes and sing the birthday song, although am pretty sure he had no idea what we were saying or doing. Here is a little clip of his birthday celebration, first us decorating the cupcakes, and the second us singing him the birthday song, you will see Lance's hand in front of his face as all he wanted to do was blow out the candle (he had obviously done that before).


Well, my hopes that are I get my camera pictures uploaded to the computer tomorrow so that I can share some of the cute shotes I got while in Thailand of all the boys, but that would require us getting out of bed before noon, so we will see :) Take care and thank you for all the prayers, so far I would call Trey's adjustment a success, however, I know it is a bit soon to be making that statement. The only one who seems to be having difficulty is not Trey, but Jack. Knowing Jack and how happy and friendly he is, I am sure he will come around soon, but then again jealousy is sometimes a tough emotion to get over. I am trying to make sure he gets some extra special attention right now, but not sure I am doing that great of a job, especially today in my fatigue I may have been a little short with them all. Trey seems to be adjusting to me now, and sometimes even prefers me over Lance, but I am sure the moment Grandma comes around again I will take second fiddle, as he got really attached to both the grandmother's on the flight home. Thanks again for reading and stay tuned.....

No comments: