Well, it seems everyone is back on track as far as their sleeping patterns go except Jack. I guess that should not really be a big surprise. He has never been a very good sleeper. In fact, my main concern (after the long flight there and back) with Trey, was that he was going to have the same sleeping problems that Jack did. Lance and I did not have a full night's sleep for at least a year and a half after we got Jack. He was always waking up and crying for one reason or another. It wasn't until we stuck him in with his older brother RJ (as opposed to having his own room) that they finally subsided. That was the main reason we decided to stick Trey in with his brothers from night one. In Thailand, for the most part the whole family usually sleeps in the same room. Sometimes the parents have a separate room but RJ, Jack and now Trey's family did not. Therefore, they learned from an early age that there was always someone there when they woke up, and I think when they don't, it was very disturbing to them. So, despite the fact that we have 2 other separate rooms, all 3 boys are now sleeping in the same room for now.
Last night, I didn't hear a peep out of anyone except Jack. He came into my room and got me up to go get him a drink of water. Then 45 minutes later he came back again and said he was scared (that his is new way of getting all sort of attention) and crawled up into my bed where he continued to tell me all about various parts of various movies for the next two hours! I was too tired to go put him back in his room. Lance didn't even know he was there until he woke up with him there this morning. I am hoping not to repeat it tonight!
This morning, I did wake up around 7AM before everyone got up so that I could finally get some exercise and start to get my schedule back on track (despite the 3 hours I was up last night) and went in to check on RJ and Trey one more time, but Trey wasn't in his bed. I looked in Jack's bed, in our room and still could not find him. I started to panic and look all over the house, waking up Lance to do the same. Lance finally found him in the top bunk, under the covers with RJ sound asleep (didn't even think to look there!). Sometime last night he must have crawled up there and climbed in with RJ. That makes me more than a little nervous though, what if he had tried to crawl back out and fell and broke his neck?! I am beginning to understand why his foster family tied those little bells around his ankle and also tied him to his bed at night with a sheet around his ankle. That little booger is always running around or hiding. He is in constant motion until he gets too tired, and even then he refuses to lay down and usually falls asleep sitting up until he can no longer hold up his little head! I do not remember RJ or Jack being quite this busy, although I may have forgotten. I mean you literally cannot take your eyes off of him for a second or he is into something he shouldn't be. He is a constant mess too. I have never seen a child drool so much or have his hands in his mouth constantly so that everything he touches gets slimy and sticky. Oh well, such is the fun of a toddler! Especially one who is discovering a totally new world.
Stay tuned! I am sure Christmas Eve with baking and decorating cookies for Santa as well as trying to watch the Polar Express and read the Night Before Christmas should be interesting with Trey around!
No comments:
Post a Comment