Saturday, December 26, 2009

Insomniacs Unite!

Here are a few more pictures from Thailand. This is Trey sitting at his foster family's house.

Here are the boys posing at the foster family's house

Here is a picture of the Clegg Family, Allayne, Barry, Lincoln and Maggie. They are living in Bangkok right now for Barry's job with Black and Veatch and have been there for a year and a half with another year and a half to go it sounds like. We went to college with them at MidAmerica Nazarene University and it was so nice to see them again and reunite as well as catch up. I am amazed that it took us going half way around the world to do it when we were all living in the Kansas City Area for at least 10 years! Thank you Facebook for putting us in touch!

Well, it seems like I am the only one who is still having trouble sleeping. All my boys are back on track, but I cannot seem to sleep more than 4 to 6 hours at a time. Last night I fell asleep at 11PM and awoke with Jack telling me he had a bad dream at 2AM. I took him back to bed and then proceeded to lay there for 2 1/2 hours before I finally decided to just get up at 4:30AM and go exercise. Although it was nice to have a full 2 1/2 hours to myself to exercise and stretch as well as shower, I have had a headache and felt sick all day! I need more than 3 hours of sleep at night! I am getting very grouchy (just ask Lance as I am sure he will be happy to tell you all about it). I am not sure if this is still jet lag or just the fact that I am at home all day, not busy running around the hospital at 30 miles per hour so I am not exhausting myself enough??? Whatever the cause, it sucks, and I have new empathy for all those insomniacs out there. I am too stubborn to take a sleeping pill as I do not want to start down that path, as I am afraid that once I do, I might not get off of it! I may cave and call myself in some ambien however, if it persists much longer.
Had a very uneventful day around here, boys ran around playing with all of their new toys, went to Fred Meyer's and Target so the boys could buy MORE toys with the money and gift cards they received (as if having a huge boxful of new toys, some of which are still unwrapped) isn't enough! Although they did have fun looking up and down the isle of all the toys and deciding what they wanted (so thanks GG and Aunt Connie!). Came home and played some more until we were to tired and now have fallen quickly asleep. I am hoping they will all stay that way and not come in my room and wake me up if I am asleep (and we steered our prayers tonight that way in hopes they would get the hint!). Trey was a little clingy today, don't know if he was having a bad day or if he just didn't feel as well (he has developed a stuffy nose and cough).
Hope any readers we still have out there have a nice quiet and restful night, if you don't look me up on FB as I might just show up on your little chat line if I am unable to sleep again, as I refuse to lay in bed for another 2.5 hours tonight (although I did come up with a lot of good ideas for new recipes, things to do at work when I return, and new year's resolutions!). Good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Clegg Family, Allayne, Barry, Lincoln and Maggie.

I have fun seeing Allayne on FB. Makes for a small world. Fun that you got to meet up.

funny... my secret word is undermen...