Saturday, December 12, 2009

Day 3

The last 2 days have been good. Still 85 degrees and 90% humidity but am getting used to it, and since I heard it was snowing in Kennewick, WA I enjoyed laying out by the pool in the sun for 30 minutes today even more! The boys had fun playing in the pool, and although it was a little cold for my taste, they didn't seem to mind at all. I am looking forward to the day when they are all strong enough swimmers that I can just sit by the pool and watch instead of having to get in.

Yesterday we took the boys to the zoo. It was quite an experience getting there with our 2 child stroller in such little cabs with no trunk space. Although I know it isn't as good for the animals, the cages were much smaller than we are used to and the animals were very close so the kids really enjoyed it. I am going to try and put some video of it down below (this is an experiment and hopefully will be successful so that I can post some of our first view of Trey tomorrow).

Then, my parents, myself and my mother-in-law went to an international buffet with a traditional Thai Theater production. I think I had a bite of about every thing they served. I got to try some new exotic foods that I had never heard of, and while I can't say I enjoyed them all, I did enjoy the majority of them, even if I couldn't pronounce them. The show was really neat as well, such beautiful costumes and dancing, although I don't think there was a spoken word, just music and sound effects. It was enjoyable, so much so that my mother-in-law fell asleep! Some of us are still suffering from jet lag, especially after a good meal and then when sitting in comfortable chairs in a nice cool dark room!

Today we got to experience the weekend market. It boasts to be the one of the largest markets in the world with over 15,000 vendors and over 200,000 people every weekend visiting it. It was an interesting mix of old vintage clothing (we even saw an old Baker University T-shirt!) to different animals, homemade crafts and traditional souvenirs as well as plenty of knock-offs. I bought a Gucci watch knock off for 18 American dollars. Doubt it lasts very long but thought it worth the try. I am constantly amazed at how many people there are wherever you go and every time you get on the train no matter what time of day it is always full! I do not know how people can live like this everyday of their lives, it would drive me crazy!!

Thanks again for reading, tomorrow is our big day, we get to meet Trey finally! These first two days are always so hard you wish they would just let you keep him because once they are in your arms it is so hard to give them back even though you know it is for the easiest transition for them.

No comments: