Monday, December 21, 2009

Jet Lag Hangs On

Trey's first smile (day #3)
Group picture of Trey's foster family and us (minus RJ who refused, talk about embarassing!)

RJ and Trey at both of their foster family's home (they were the same family) before RJ's meltdown




RJ in front of a laying Buddha at the Ancient Ctiy



RJ and Jack hat shopping at a local market
(below)



I can't remember, but how long does the jet lag last? The boys have been up from 12AM until around 3:30AM or $ AM ever since we got back (minus the first night, which I think was just pure exhaustion on every one's part). When they don't sleep, neither do Lance or I. Lance has been good at taking the first part of the shift, and then I usually pick it up around 2AM. Good thing I am not working as that afternoon nap seems to get me by. I have not however, been able to get up and exercise like I normally do which is furthering my exhaustion. Exercise is my form of coffee and stress relief and I am missing it greatly. Hopefully, tonight will be the night. We mad the boys (and ourselves) pry our eyes open at 8AM and then take afternoons naps in hopes that letting them stay up until 10:30PM may help get them back on track, let's pray it heps for all of our sanity!


Trey seems to be doing remarkably well when it comes to his adjustment. He seems to have made it quite quickly and does very well except when we try to leave the house. When we get ready he starts crying and won't stop until he is in the car. I think he is afraid we are going to leave him, which just about breaks your heart. It is such an awful thing to think that he is already feeling some form of abandonment and that we were the cause! Since we ripped him from the only family he has ever known I can certainly understand his fears. If I hadn't been through this 2 other times before and know that it will fade with time I would be feeling extremely guilty right about now (and I did with RJ). I have to just keep reminding myself how much better off he will be here in America with us than he would have been in Thailand and that seems to comfort some of my guilt. Even then, it sometimes isn't enough, as I know that the only real thing that a child needs is love and he had plenty of that where he was living luckily.

About the only real things we did the last two days were to go to Wal-Mart for food and supplies, and then to Target to get some clothes for the little guy. He is so little I didn't have any 18 month clothes for him and only had 2T's which he seems to drown in. I can't imagine how he stays so tiny as that little guy eats all day long! We haven't seen any signs of the breathing problems or cough that the foster family had said he had quite frequently. In fact, they had him in the hospital for several days last winter with respiratory issues. As far as I could get in the translation it sounds like he had to go for breathing treatments and was possibly diagnosed with asthma, although the foster family did not have to administer any regular medications. They also reported that if he ate or drank too much he would get sick, like I said, we have seen no problems since his arrival here in the states. I suspect he had some sort of allergy to the immense air pollution, coupled with the fact that he was surrounded by construction dust 24/7 certainly didn't help.

Well, stay tuned, I am sure with our big outing to see Santa at the mall and get pictures will be packed full of adventurous tales to tell (not!).



























No comments: