Well, it was once again a long trip to get here. It still took us 30 minutes from the gate in Pasco, WA to the gate here at Bangkok so it didn't save us any time leaving closer to the pacific ocean as I thought it would. Oh well, we are thankful to be here, after getting over an hour and a half delay on the FIRST plane, then getting our plane seat reservations "lost" on the San Francisco to Taipei, Taiwan we ended up arriving here in Bangkok right on time. The boys were wonderful and so well behaved, so much better than the nightmare I had expected (they will probably save that all for the plane trip home!). I think taking the red-eye on the longest leg of the trip really helped for them. RJ actually slept almost 7 full hours (although he has always been a great sleeper), Jack also got almost a total of 8 hours together. The little booger outlasted me, I remember really trying to keep my eyes open as he asked me for the 100th time when the oxygen masks were going to come out from the ceiling of the airplane. He was very safety conscious and payed attention to the stewardess's instructions and literally spent hours studying the safety brochure they leave in all the seats. He seemed very preoccupied with crashing (I was kicking myself for letting him watch those Lost episodes with me!)
I have forgotten my cables to connect my camera so that I can upload pictures, but now that I am here I am going to break out my little Flip video camera so stayed tuned there should be at least some video clips to watch (if I can figure out how to do that).
We will keep you updated, stay tuned.......!
2 comments:
So glad you all made it safely and without getting more gray hairs than you had imagined! :) Probably a good thing that you have 2 grandmas along to appease the boys. The excitement and chaos has just begun. Just kidding. Prayers are with you all.
Debbie Storey
Did you mean 30 hours to get to Bangkok ?
Post a Comment