We then got to eat lunch with them again, this time he fed himself and did not want anything to do with my helping him out. He did seem content to have me hold him during most of our shopping spree, but the minute his social worker returns, he does not want anything to do with me, and since his social worker was there for lunch anything I tried to do for him didn't make him happy.
We then got to take Trey back to our hotel room without the social worker present. He wasn't at all happy. He kept walking to the door and pounding on it with his hands. he was grabbing my shirt and pulling me toward the door. It was nice to know that he is able to express himself and communicate with me, although it was hard to see him so sad. This is the third time however, that we have been through it so it does make it easier for us to know that just 2 weeks from now he will be content to stay with us. The first time we went through it it almost broke my heart to see RJ walking to the door, pounding on it and screaming "ba-ba" (his name for his foster mother) over and over and at the time I wasn't sure we were doing the right thing by ripping him from the only family he had ever known. Being the third time and knowing how things will all turn out makes it so much easier for me, if not for Trey.
This evening we got to meet up with some old college friends who happen to be living her in Thailand. Barry and Allayne Clegg and there two beautiful children met us for dinner tonight at a wonderful Thai restaraunt. I ate so much tonight I am almost certain I gained 2 pounds (especially since I have been taking a break from my regular exercise routine since I have been here). It was so nice to see them again and catch up on all their adventures here in Thailand.
Well, tomorrow is the big day, he comes to us at 10:30AM and will be ours forever. Stay tuned, as I know there will be tough times ahead. I am going to go to bed and enjoy my last night of uninterrupted sleep for what will likely be several months from now.
No comments:
Post a Comment