Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

OK, I will have to type my blog in reverse because all the pictures downloaded in the reverse order of the way I wanted them, and I am too dumb to figure out how to move them (I have tried many different ways but there is no cut and paste option!) Here is Jamelyn and her husband, Rich. Lance's mother and step father. She was so nice to come early this morning (so the boys could get to their presents) and stay throughout the day. She brought all the food and cooked most all of the dinner, and then cleaned the dishes too! I felt more than a little guilty but it was nice not to have to worry about cooking and cleaning and got to spend most all day putting together and then playing with the boys and their new toys. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Mother-in Law! Love you Jamelyn!



Here is Trey enjoying some time with Grandma after dessert. He wasn't too sure about the pies, but he did really like the whip cream and meringue! This picture is obviously after he got cleaned up.


The boys are pictured here right before we started to open the presents, all bright eyed and bushy tailed! They actually slept in until 7:30 AM (if you don't count Jack climbing into bed with me at 4AM). They waited patiently for Grandma, Grandpa and GG (Great Grandma) to arrive at 8:15 and get some breakfast. Around 9:30 they could wait no more so we headed down to the basement to finally open the presents.



And were there a lot of presents! Wow! I actually felt guilty and the thought crossed my mind more than once how truly blessed I am. The Lord has been so good to me and my family. It was through Him that we were led to adopt these 3 little boys and without them my life would not be complete, so thank you Lord for allowing the Precious Savior to be born today, and for allowing me, such a rotten sinner, to be saved and blessed beyond compare!!
Trey did seem to be a bit overwhelmed by it all, and I think he would have been content with just one present, however, it gave the other boys a chance to open even more presents so they were all happy!




This bath was actually much needed by all (as I am sure you will see in the following clips) after a rowdy session of cookie decorating. Leave it to little boys to get wild and messy with a little project like decorating cookies! We ended up with some masterpieces however, and they were all very yummy. We even had a few left over after all our "mess ups" were eaten. The boys showed Trey how to sing in the bath tub (as well as splash and get water all over!) We weren't sure what he was singing but it did sound a little bit like Rubber Ducky You're the One. (I wonder if they had Mr. Rogers reruns in Thailand?)




Trey decorating Christmas cookies (ended up only decorating himself!) The other boys weren't quite as messy luckily. He ended up with it all over his entire face and all in his hair! I had no idea he knew how to get the caps off the tiny bottles of sprinkles. This kid cannot do anything, I mean anything, without making a huge mess. RJ and Jack were never quite as busy as this little guy. It is no wonder he is so skinny, he is in constant motion and into everything, including toilets! The following is a little clip of his decorating session. I don't think the camera truly captures the amount of sprinkles he had all over his face and in his hair! The bath water afterwards was literally dark blue!

Well, I hope you all had as nice and as blessed a Christmas Holiday as we did. May we never forget the reason for this holiday is the blessed birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ the King!







No comments: