Trey is officially ours. I would say that he is officially a
Beeson, and in our eyes he was from day #1, however, that process will take another 6 months and probably another $5000, but in the eyes of Thailand he is officially ours. We all got up early, put on our Sunday best (Thailand style) and hurried up to wait. We had to go to the Adoption Center of Thailand, which once again because of this crazy traffic here took us over an hour to get less than 10 miles (not sure exactly as one corner looks like all the others to me but I know it wasn't very far). We then arrived and waited about 2 hours in 90 degree heat and 90% humidity and only one small fan for the whole room. Our name was finally called so we went in to sit in front of Thailand's Adoption Committee, where they asked us about two minutes of questions, we then had to leave the air conditioned room and wait for another 30-45 minutes to get the official paper. We
finally got it and he became officially ours. All that was a small price to pay for such a great reward and we really had it easy compared to some of the other couples who used a different adoption agency. We met another couple who still had to go to the hospital where they had to have all their son's legal documents translated, a process that I am sure was going to take them all day in a small crowded hospital with likely no air conditioning. That is where our adoption agency comes in tops. We have heard horror stories about poor couples having to have longer waits than ours, then having to do all sorts of other things that our adoption agency takes care of for us, so we are very grateful for their such hard work, even as much as it sounds sometimes like I am complaining when in reality it is only a reflection of my own impatience (a trait I am trying to work on!). Here is a short video clip of Trey at the adoption committee waiting room, he is still very attached to Lance and will not leave his side, I think this clip is cute because it shows how stuck on Lance he truly is, if Lance walks, he follows, if Lance stops, he stops and he constantly wants Lance to hold him or at least hold his hand and I think it is really cute! (Even though I am still a little jealous since he seems almost repulsed by my touch yet. It is a good thing that we have been through this before and I know that things will get much better and he will come to want my touch and hugs soon. Now I know how Lance must have felt the first two times around, although I think it is a little tougher being the mommy and feeling a little left out!)
After we returned home, Trey was revitalized after his nap in the van on the way home. He had a grand time with RJ and Jack in the hotel room. They teased each other, they played ball, they turned the TV and lights on and off and he really let loose and started even laughing and smiling, which was the first time since we took possession of him. What a welcome site that was! He has been such a quiet and solemn looking fellow so far! Those antics must have worn him out as he and his daddy took a little nap then we headed off as a family to the local shopping center again. Took the train, stopped in the toy store to buy the boys a little something for being such good kids (and I have been so impressed with RJ and Jack's behavior, they have really been great kids and so well behaved, I was actually dreading this trip with them coming because I thought they would make for so much extra work but they haven't at all!) then headed back down to the food court again. We have eaten there at least 3 nights but this place is the largest food court I have ever seen and you have so much selection, from KFC and BK to real authentic Thai, Chinese and Indian food. Everything I have tried has been fabulous and I am dreading going home and stepping on that scale because I have eaten so much and exercised so little! (sorry Pam! my trainer).
As soon as we returned home it was baths and bed and all the boys are sleeping soundly right now. I suppose I should do the same while I can as I am sure Trey will wake up tonight and once again get up at 5:30 AM. We have a long morning ahead waiting to apply for Trey's visa. Pray that it gets completed tomorrow as we have plane tickets to leave Friday AM at 0530 hrs and if we don't get his visa done we will once again have to change our tickets, eat the extra cost and stay around Bangkok for several more days (and as much as I love the warm weather, I am ready to get home away from all these millions of people and smog!).
Here is a clip of Trey eating his dessert. Not sure if this was his first ice cream cone or not but he did look perplexed on what he was to do with it, but after watching his brothers he quickly figured it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment