Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our Last Day in Bangkok

Yeah!! We got Trey's visa today as planned and should leave for the airport early tomorrow morning (at 3AM!!!). We had a fun and busy last day. Lance, Trey and I got up early and took the train to the US Embassy, where we sat around for 2 hours waiting for our name to be called. We had an appointment at 8AM and were finally called at 10:30AM for our application (sounds about right for our government, and they want to run our health care?? NO THANKS!!).

We then picked up the boys and the rest of the family (Lance's mother, Jamelynn, and both my parents have been travelling with us) and headed back to the Siam Center where we fed the boys and then went to the Aquarium. The older generation were not interested in the fish so it was just Lance, me and my "boyz". We had a really nice time and Trey absolutely loved all the fish. He was running around the Aquarium shouting things in Thai. I am not sure what he said but it sounded as if he was having a great time. I wasn't able to get any really good camera or flip shots, not only did he move too fast, but it was quite dark in there. Lance then had to go with Trey to pick up the visa so RJ, Jack and myself stayed a little longer. They played in the little playground and then we all took off our shoes for a "fish massage". We placed our feet into this small little pool where there were literally thousands of small fish that looked like minnows. The fish then would "eat" your feet and it felt as if someone were tickling the bottoms and sides of your feet. I am not sure how to describe the feeling but it definitely tickled and the boys and I were literally laughing out loud (and with the boys I mean out LOUD). We were definitely the loudest group in there but they were having such a great time and have been such good boys the whole trip that I did not discourage them, and in fact, I joined them! We then picked up Grandma Duddles and went to see a 4-D movie. We weren't sure what the 4th dimension was until we got into the theater. It was that the seat was interactive and it moved, vibrated, blew air and even a fine mist at us in tune with the movie. I thought it was pretty neat but the boys were both a little scared (even though the film only involved Santa and a snowman!) I think it was the small theater, the dark, and how loud it was that startled them.

I then dropped off the boys back at the hotel with Lance and Trey and my father and I went and got a 1 hour foot massage that was heavenly. In fact I have had a few of those since I have been here, and my father has had some form of massage every day we have been here. In fact, today he had a full body massage and then went back for the foot massage with me! It is so cheap here, around 7-8$ American money for a full hour! Wish we could get it that cheap in the states.

After a long dinner (all the boys were extremely tired and a bit cranky) we came home, bathed and went to bed (where I am headed as soon as I am done) since we have to get up in less than 6 hours I am hoping they all make the most out of their rest.

The cameras are packed so I will post more videos and pictures when we get home and unpacked. We can still use all your prayers for a safe and on-time trip home!!

No comments: