Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back to Normal??


Mary Buckland with the boys this weekend.

Gary Buckland with the boys, or at least the ones who would allow their picture to be taken:)
Well, it has been a while since my last post so I am hoping some of you are still tuning in. Things have seemed to get back close to normal. My sleep has finally returned (praise be to God!) to its normal state, which is able to fall asleep at 10:30PM and be interrupted at least 2 or 3 times a night by at least 2 different kids for a wet diaper, a bad dream, or to put some one's covers back on (even though they are sitting right at their own feet!). I am usually able to return back to sleep and for that I am very grateful. Therefore, I have not had as much time to myself to do things like post a blog, read a book or magazine and all the other things I did in the middle of the night to pass the time when I wasn't sleeping, so I suspect my blogging will be sporadic from here on.
[Here are the boys playing blocks earlier this afternoon.]

We had a nice weekend despite the fighting and numerous temper tantrums. My friends Mary and Gary Buckland made it down for a brief visit, (and I was glad that most of the fighting and tantrums waited until after they had left!) They only live 3 hours away but we have only seen them about once a year since the move. I guess I shouldn't complain, we had a hard time getting together when we lived 20 minutes away, when we were in Leawood, KS and she was in Lee's Summitt, MO. It was nice to see them despite it being a brief visit. I am glad they are doing so well. I so miss having a close friend near by to run with, eat lunch with and do girly things with (as even though Jack likes some girly things, he still can't come with me to manicures, facials, shopping,etc!).
I am still not back to work and am technically on maternity leave. Had I known Trey's transition was going to be so much easier than either Jack's or RJ's I wouldn't have had to take so much time off. I also think Lance not working, instead of going right back to work a few days after we got back, has made a huge difference as well. I don't return until 1/26/10 but after today I would volunteer to go back tomorrow. Jack has had a particularly hard time with the addition of a little brother and his uprooting from the baby spot in our family. I thought over the last few days he was maybe just starting to get over it but today he outshone himself. We had at least 3 temper tantrums over the dumbest reasons, the last one lasted for over an hour!! He had been finally including his little brother in some of his play time and even sharing his toys and he even seemed to start enjoy being the object of Trey's adoration and imitation, but we definitely back tracked today, whew! Oh well, I guess we all have good and bad days.
Well, keep tuned. I am sure we will have more drama unfold in the next few days. I keep trying to remind myself, enjoy it now while they are young, it goes so fast, but sometimes it is hard to convince yourself of that!

1 comment:

Bobby said...

You still have followers. At least Dee and I. Does any of the boys have to go to day care when you go to work? You have a good looking family. God has truly blessed you.